It’s been a little while since we caught up here, so I thought I’d pop by and talk about what little bit of goings on there are to discuss.
We all know it’s kind of quiet in Hozierville right now and that’s perfectly okay. We have reason to believe magic is a brewin’. 🙂
Not least of all because of the little rumor going around that Hozier has very recently been in the studio with Producer Extraordinaire Ryan Tedder. Please allow me to repeat that this is a rumor. We know nothing for certain, but we are revelling in the essence of possibility.
Before I go any further, let me greet friends we haven’t met yet and welcome you to Hozier 24/7. You can find us on Twitter and Instagram. All are welcome in our Facebook group and on the page. Speaking of Facebook group, one of our members dug up a buried treasure this week, which you are invited to come see. That would be a video posted October 2015 of Hozier performing the Irish ballad, The Wind That Shakes the Barley. It is mesmerizing, but of course that’s no surprise. The lyrics are as follows (for those of you who, like me, are suckers for great lyrics):
- I sat within a valley green,
- I sat there with my true love,
- My sad heart strove the two between,
- The old love and the new love, –
- The old for her, the new that made
- Me think of Ireland dearly,
- While soft the wind blew down the glade
- And shook the golden barley.
- Twas hard the woeful words to frame
- To break the ties that bound us
- Twas harder still to bear the shame
- Of foreign chains around us
- And so I said, “The mountain glen
- I’ll seek next morning early
- And join the brave United Men!”
- While soft winds shook the barley.
- While sad I kissed away her tears,
- My fond arms ’round her flinging,
- The foeman’s shot burst on our ears,
- From out the wildwood ringing, –
- A bullet pierced my true love’s side,
- In life’s young spring so early,
- And on my breast in blood she died
- While soft winds shook the barley!
- I bore her to the wildwood screen,
- And many a summer blossom
- I placed with branches thick and green
- Above her gore-stain’d bosom:-
- I wept and kissed her pale, pale cheek,
- Then rushed o’er vale and far lea,
- My vengeance on the foe to wreak,
- While soft winds shook the barley!
- But blood for blood without remorse,
- I’ve ta’en at Oulart Hollow
- And placed my true love’s clay-cold corpse
- Where I full soon will follow;
- And round her grave I wander drear,
- Noon, night and morning early,
- With breaking heart whene’er I hear
- The wind that shakes the barley!
Very worthy of mention is the fact that this past week, we welcomed two new Hozier Games hosts aboard: Juliana and Alicia. We’re excited to have them! Juliana’s game is going on right now- a glasses theme- so you still have time to play or vote! Alicia’s first winner was Deborah with this mighty cool gif:
Cathy won Sultry Sunday last time with this gorgeous entry:
Other things that had us chattering this week were when Hozier tweeted some political memes, written about in The Daily Edge and when he said Little Dragon’s Ritual Union album is an “unmitigated banger-fest.” I checked out a couple of songs and can tell you, he’s not telling a story there.
For many of us, Hozier is our very favorite artist, the sun in our sky, so to speak. We delight in hearing his voice as often as possible and just keeping up with all the amazing things he does. It’s a gift that we have fellow members/fans with whom we can share conversations and enthusiasm, so now I’d like to thank our Top Contributors from the last twenty-eight days. Thank you for being the “Blood” of this group. ❤
Also, thanks to these people in these locations for viewing and interacting. You rock!!
We have 2,670 active members this past month out of 4,553 total members and Thursday would appear to be our most active day. 2,670 is pretty good for a relatively new artist who hasn’t been touring in some time, I think!
So much thanks to you all for posting, reading, checking out our content, and just having our love for Hozier in your newsfeed!
Before I go, I just want to tell you about our friend Lucy and her fan art blog. She spotlights artists who love Hozier like we do and she does a lot of giveaways you may want to check out too. Go visit her here!
Okay, it has been nice chatting. Hope you join us on any of our platforms and have a great week! 🙂